- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has useful information on the importance of the Common Core State Standards for our economic competitiveness.
- Click here for resources from Business and Education.
- The Business Coalition for Student Achievement has an UpGrade America Toolkit to help business leaders make the economic case for the need for meaningful education reform, including the implementation of college- and from career-ready standards. This toolkit includes template materials, talking points by audience and supporting facts.
- Center for American Progress has published, “A Guide to the Common Core State Standards” along with state fact sheets presenting the case for using the Standards.
- Democrats for Education Reform created an infographic, “More Work Ahead on Common Core,” which reports that only 28 percent of superintendents say their school districts are coordinating implementation of the standards with postsecondary education institutions.
- The Center for American Progress finds that students need more challenging math and reading work. This report mentions the importance of student surveys in teacher evaluations as well as the impact of Common Core standards.
- ASCD has developed a backgrounder on Common Core to help communicate effectively about the standards to fellow educators, parents, and state lawmakers. They have also created a helpful CCSS Myths & Facts publication.
- The Foundation for Excellence in Education created Conserv
atives for Higher Standards to highlight the conservative arguments in favor of the Common Core and demonstrate the strong support for the Common Core among Republican leaders