NVF Project Name: Collaborative for Student Success
Position: Communications Specialist
Location: Alexandria, VA
Status: Full-time; non-exempt
Reports to: Director of Media Relations
The Communications Specialist will provide assistance with traditional and digital media operations for the Collaborative for Student Success (“Collaborative”) as we work in favor of high standards and high-quality assessments.
Reporting to the Director of Media Relations, and working closely with the Director of Digital Media and other Collaborative staff, a successful candidate in this position will assist in both traditional and digital media outreach efforts, including but not limited to: email program strategy and execution; paid digital advertising; website management; messaging; research; creating and distributing talking points; and other activities that support the Collaborative’s overall media outreach.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Help develop communications materials, including press releases, talking points and other related background documents;
- Assist updating multiple website properties;
- Assist planning and execution of email strategy;
- Remain abreast of current issues which may impact the Collaborative’s agenda; and
- Assist in implementing media and digital media strategies for various projects.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- 1-3 years of experience in media relations, press relations, and/or digital media;
- College degree;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once and work quickly in a fast-paced environment;
- Strategically-minded, well organized, and creative;
- Interest in the work and mission of the Collaborative;
- Experience writing email and social media copy (preferred);
- Positive attitude; and
- Team oriented.
- Excellent communications skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple issues; and
- Ability to work with individuals, groups and organizations and seek their input and/or cooperation.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Abby Bacak (ABacak@forstudentsuccess.org).
Collaborative for Student Success is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of races, ethnicities, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities, beliefs, religions, faiths and ideologies, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds and levels of physical ability.