The Curriculum Catalyst Fellowship is offered to a small group of State Teachers of the Year and Finalists. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Fellowship components include:
- In-person kick-off meeting to be held in Washington, DC in February 2024 (Friday-Sunday)
- In-person convening at the National Teacher Leadership Conference in July 2024
- Twice monthly virtual interactive sessions covering policy and advocacy tactics for expanding high-quality curriculum and aligned professional learning
- Development of an individual project for each Fellow to pursue a policy/advocacy goal with coaching and support for implementation
- This advocacy will focus on educational and issue advocacy and will not include lobbying under state or federal law. Fellows will not act as lobbyists and should not be engaging in lobbying on behalf of the Fellowship sponsors as part of the Fellowship.
- Educators who are currently classroom teachers at the elementary, middle, or high school levels and who teach science and/or mathematics
- Interest in instructional and professional learning policy and advocacy
- Educators who predominantly teach students in low-income and/or Title I schools
$10,000 ($5,000 stipend + $5,000 fund for professional uses to further Fellowship goals)
January – December 2024
~5-10 hours per month
- Applications accepted through October 27, 2023
- Interviews conducted November 6-17, 2023
- Selected fellows notified November 20, 2023