Last revised: August, 2014
The Collaborative for Student Success (“Collaborative”) is committed to protecting the personal information that you provide and entrust to us when using our websites. This online privacy statement describes how we treat all user data collected by us during your visit, both technical data that is automatically collected and voluntarily submitted data.
The Collaborative may occasionally update this statement. We will post any changes on this web page, and encourage you to check back periodically to make sure you understand how any personal information you provide will be used. If we do make any material changes, we will post a notice on our home page that the privacy statement has been modified.
What is personal information?
“Personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, or other contact and demographic information about that individual that is directly linked to personally identifiable information). Personal information does not include “aggregate” information, which is data we collect about the use of our sites, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This statement does not restrict or limit our collection and use of aggregate information.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect two types of user data: (1) data that you voluntarily submit to us, and (2) technical data that is automatically collected from all visitors to our sites.
Voluntarily Provided Information: We collect certain information you voluntarily provide us, such as when you join or renew your membership, sign up for our emails, send correspondence to government officials using our tools, participate in one of our online petitions or surveys, register online for an event, fill out a form, post blog comments or other content, or participate in any activity that requires your Voluntarily Provided Information.
How do we use the personal information we collect?
We will not attempt to match any personally identifiable information that you provide to us with your IP address, unless there are reasonable grounds to believe that doing so would provide information that is relevant and material to a criminal investigation.
What personal information do we share with third parties?
We will not share the personal information we collect from you through our sites with third parties, except as described in this policy. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
• with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work with us in connection with the operation of our sites or the services we provide and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
• when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our sites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
• in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
• when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
• when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Stand, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect Stand or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of our sites;
• to enforce or apply this policy or our other policies or agreements; and
• in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of organization assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Stand.
In addition, you understand that when you use our sites, information you provide through the sites (such as sharing your story, nominating an outstanding teacher, commenting, etc.) or share through social network sites, may be publicly available. We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
Website Data Security
The Collaborative takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be completely guaranteed against interception or misuse.
Links to other websites
Throughout our sites we provide links to other Web sites which may contain information of interest to our readers. We take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, the organizations, views, or accuracy of the information contained on those Web sites.
Creating a text link from your Web site to our site does not require permission. If you have a link you’d like us to consider adding to our sites, please contact us.
Use of Text and Images
If you would like to publish information that you find on our Web site, please contact us. Where text or images are posted on our site with the permission of the original copyright holder, a copyright statement appears at the bottom of the page. Any text or image not explicitly labeled with a copyright statement is © Collaborative for Student Success and may not be used for any purpose without permission.
Opt-Out or Change Your Contact Information
Users may opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time by Contacting Us. You may choose to receive only specific communications or none at all. Note that it may take 5-8 business days to be removed from our lists.
Questions about our policies
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of our sites, you can contact us.