To kickoff the New Year, we want to highlight voices that have played a role in ensuring that all students have access to high-quality education.
Here’s a quick list of our favorite education videos from 2018 – ranging from educational, to inspirational, to just plain cute!
1. Governor Bill Haslam (R-TN) and former Governor Jack Markell (D-DE) sit down to discuss K-12 education priorities and the importance of working across the aisle to advance student achievement.
2. In this video from The 74, education leaders share why governors have an opportunity under ESSA to improve education in their state.
3. A group of Black parents, teachers and students met in Chicago to discuss the importance of setting high expectations for their students.
4. These companies are providing girls in Texas with the tools and resources needed to nurture a passion for STEM.
5. This short documentary, produced by The 74, “tracks ESSA’s trajectory from its signing in 2015 to the education plans being finalized across states in 2018.”
6. “Schools of Opportunity recognizes public high schools around the nation that are creating remarkable opportunities to learn for all their students.” Take a look at what this means for students like Dayshaun:
7. Lead federal policy reporter at Education Week Alyson Klein clues us in on what’s going on in states around issues like “school accountability, federal oversight, civil rights, and using data to turn around low-performing schools,” under ESSA.
8. And this video just because it’s too cute for words.
THIS IS LITERALLY THE CUTEST THING IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE pic.twitter.com/uXQOhCZIoc
— Zane (@TheCarterSue) December 2, 2018